Dungeon Twister
Accueil Dungeon Twister Le jeu News Questions - Réponses Tournois Forum Téléchargements Liens Contact
Forum homepage Your account  Register  Search  User list  Help  Connexion

Display :

List of forums > Tall Tales > Warning!!! Don't patronise your girlfriend!!

Add a new post

Author   Posts    
  Le 09/11/2005 à 16h54

Ian

Nain de jardin

Display

I taught my girlfriend to play last night, and spent a lot of time explaining it all VERY carefully, trying to make sure I don't lose her or bore her in the explanation, stopping to make sure she kept up etc.

Anyway, to cut a long story short I didn't pay any real attention to what she was doing (I assumed she was no threat) and she performed an awesome hustle, playing the part of the confused but keen girlfriend.

She got her goblin out WITH the treasure (unprecedented in my home!!!), shortly followed by her warrior and again followed shortly by her Mekanork, all before I was even aware what was happening. She utterly annihilated me 5 points to zero.

Humiliating.

AND she wouldn't go for a rematch (said she wanted to revel in the glory of her win for a while longer).

Reply and quote

Le 10/11/2005 à 14h06

Sherinford

Grand Mamamouchi

Display

Ahahah... Very good. I lose on a regular basis when I play with my wife (what can I say: she knows me), but she never got me 5-0...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Il était un petit satyre,
Il était un petit satyre,
Qui n'avait ja- ja- jamais forniqué,
Qui n'avait ja- ja- jamais forniqué,
Ohé ohé !

Reply and quote

Le 15/11/2005 à 02h33

Gros_Troll

Familier

Display

That sounds like a good decision, letting your wife win (you DID let her win, didn't you??? For sure she couldn't beat you at YOUR game??? ). I'm sure I should let my wife win a little, or she'll have nothing to do with this game soon!!!

Reply and quote

Le 21/11/2005 à 15h07

Ian

Nain de jardin

Display

I didn't let her win, I just acted like a typical bloke and assumed she wouldn't understand the game well enough to be any sort of a threat at all.

She thrashed me at 'Entdecker' yesterday too...

Reply and quote

Le 26/01/2006 à 22h25

Phoenixio

Toucan

Display

That happened to me too, but with my brother. I bought the base game, and I lost about 4 games in a row. Then, I bought the first extension, and I lost again. and I was the one coming on this site to learn how to play...

But I got my revenge when I got the to last extensions, I finally won two games, because we played when he was a little bit tired, so I took advantage of him. God bless the Light Angel against undeads ^^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Banières de Dungeon Twister
Élémentaires Eau et Feu
Élémentaire de pierre

Reply and quote

Le 25/05/2006 à 00h42

NK_Wyvern

Berger des Pyrénées

Display

Citation:
le 26/01/2006 à 22h25 Phoenixio a écrit:
I finally won two games, because we played when he was a little bit tired, so I took advantage of him.

Shame on you :-)

Why don't you try to drug him or disturb him in singing drink songs while he's thinking ?

NK.

Reply and quote

Le 04/11/2007 à 21h31

Engine

Chevalier de la noisette

Display

Well, as I’m playing DT against my girlfriend right from the start, I know what threat a cute girl can be! She learned the game and its tricky moves much faster then I did! I needed some weeks (and about a billion games ;-)) to really even the score and be an equal opponent!

Matriarchate is the certain future!

Reply and quote

Add a new post

List of forums > Tall Tales > Warning!!! Don't patronise your girlfriend!!

Number of posts :

home . the game . news . FAQ . tournaments . forum . downloads . links

contact . press . legal
Asmodée Editions